Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Uncommon Veterinarian

I want to openly thanks Dr. Elliott Garber for publishing on his blog my post about my experience of being a veterinarian in Laos...  We are currently looking for the next volunteer vet to replace me and Elliott thought the best way to achieve this was for me to write a brief summary of my adventure here. He was kind enough to put it on his one-of-a-kind blog, Elliott Garber The Uncommon Veterinarian, which I am following since the first day I came upon it. To read the article click here.

I remember when I contacted Elliott for the first time seeking for guidance on how to become an uncommon veterinarian just like him. If you are looking for unique non-traditional veterinary experiences, if you dream of traveling to amazing places or if you wish to make a difference and change this world just like I do then Dr. Elliott Garber is the person to help you get there! Through his blog I found out everything I needed to know from the opportunities available out there to how to get the funding to do it all. 

Elliott performing a rectal palpation on a sedated rhino in South Africa.

Elliott has managed to do really cool things and has decided to share it with the world...I personally think of his blog as "The guideline on how to pursue your dreams while being a veterinarian". 

Thank you Elliott!
Karla Nova, DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts about this post? :)